Alderbury includes the extra parochial location of Clarendon Park
Alderbury village is situated about three miles south east of Salisbury in southern
Wiltshire. It stands to the east of the River Avon bordered on the west by Longford
Estate and on the east by Clarendon Estate. It is a very pretty small village with
many thatched cottages and surrounded by well kept farmland. Although close to the
city of Salisbury it is peaceful and quiet. The motorway from Salisbury to Southampton
bypasses the village.
In the early 1300's the village may be referred to as Alwardbury. Alward being the
priest in charge and Lord of the Manor.