© Register of One-Place Studies 2013-2014


More About The

One-Place Study

County (historic)

Country

Primary Place

Study started circa

Sub-places (e.g. hamlets) within study

Old photos of buildings/places

Old postcard views

Overview of Study

Old photos of past residents

Primary resources

Secondary resources

Electoral rolls/poll books

Website

Blog

Facebook page or group

Twitter

Additional source material to hand

Study owner

Population in 1881

Monumental inscriptions

Trade directories

Probate office summaries

Family histories

Obituary notices

Newspaper extracts

Will transcriptions

Tithe apportionment

Online parish clerk

Contact email

Baptism registers date from

Burial registers date from

Marriages registers date from

Baptism transcriptions

Marriage transcriptions

Burial transcriptions

Parish Registers:





Census transcriptions:

1841

1851

1871

1861

1881

1891

1911

1901

Local history/timeline

Militia lists

Online / social media presence

Additional comments from study owner/contact

Current status

Look-up service for offline records?

Study registered

Registered One-Place Study

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share via e-mail

Wiltshire

Bishopstone (Wilton)

Loading...

Wiltshire

England

Croucheston, Faultson, Flamston, Netton, Pitts and Throope


Click here to visit OPC parish page

Bishopstone (Wilton)

Extract from Post Office Directory (1875):

Bishopstone (near Salisbury) is a parish and village, within the parliamentary borough of Wilton, in the Southern division of the county, Downton hundred, Wilton union, Salisbury county court district, diocese and archdeaconry, and Chalke rural deanery, 6 miles south-west from Salisbury, 4 south from Wilton, and 90 from London, on the river Ebele.

The church of St. John the Baptist is a handsome cruciform Gothic structure; it has a square embattled tower rising from the centre with 3 bells; the communion service was presented in 1663 by Bishop Earle, who had been formerly a rector of the parish. The register dates from about 1625. The living is a rectory and vicarage, yearly value £760, with 29 acres of glebe land and residence, in the gift of the Earl of Pembroke, and held by the Venerable Francis Lear, M.A., of Christ College, Oxford, archdeacon and canon residentiary of Salisbury.


Wiltshire OPC

627


Online


-


To do


To do


To do


To do


To do


To do


To do

To do

Online


Online


Online

1636


1636

1636



31




-

-


-


Online

-

t


Online


-


-

-


-

-


Online


-   


-


-


Please visit the Wiltshire OPC website for details on how to register and make contact

Dot Gurd



tbc

Active

See ‘Additional comments’ below


Use slider to right of following window to scroll down and see all additional resources available online:



      





6 Nov 2013

Online Parish Clerks Project

Wiltshire OPC

Yes


Click here to open new window

Bishopstone (Wilton) One-Place Study

Registered with the Register of One-Place Studies