Extracts from Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72):
CARNMENELLIS, or Carn-Menelez, a chapelry in Wendron parish, Cornwall; on the river
Kennal, near the Cornwall railway, 3 miles S of Redruth. It was constituted in 1846.
Post Town, Redruth. Pop., 3,094. Houses, 589. Carn-Menelez hill here is 822 feet
high. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £184. Patron, Mrs.