More About The

One-Place Study

County (historic)

Country

Primary Place

Study started circa

Sub-places (e.g. hamlets) within study

Overview of Study

Website

Blog

Facebook page or group

Twitter

Study owner

Population in 1881

Contact name (if different)

Contact email

Online / social media presence

Current status

© Register of One-Place Studies 2013-2016

Study registered

Registered One-Place Study

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share via e-mail

Clawton

Devon

England

-

Click here to visit website


Clawton

Extract from the Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72):

CLAWTON, a village, a parish, and a sub-district in Holsworthy district, Devon. The village stands near the rivulet Claw, 3 miles S of Holsworthy, and 13 N by W of Lifton r. station; and has a post office under Holsworthy, North Devon. The parish comprises 5, 358 acres. Real property, £2, 726. Pop., 549. Houses, 112. The property is subdivided. The manor belongs to the trustees of the late Sir William Molesworth. Court Barn is the seat of the Melhuish family. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £64. Patron, W. W. Melhuish, Esq. The church was reported in 1859 as old and very bad. There are chapels for Methodists and Bible Christians. The sub-district contains four parishes and part of another. Acres, 16, 990. Pop., 1,805. Houses, 358.


Angela Wood

394


-


-


-


-

2006

Active

Click here to contact study owner

02 Mar 2014

Online Parish Clerk scheme

Devon OPC

Loading...

© Robert Walden and licensed for reuse under a Creative Commons Licence

Clawton One-Place Study

Registered with the Register of One-Place Studies