The parish includes the tythings of Aughton, Brunton, Collingbourne Sutton, Kingston
and Southton (Vallence).
Collingbourne Kingston lies on the A338 ten miles south of Marlborough and twenty
miles north of Salisbury. The parish includes the two small hamlets of Aughton and
Brunton. Prior to 1934, the hamlets of Sunton and Cadley were also part of Collingbourne
Kingston but are now part of neighbouring Collingbourne Ducis. The village is situated
along the River Bourne, a chalk stream, which dries up in the summer. It also lies
alongside the former Midland and South Western Railway, which closed in 1961.
The population has varied in size from 933 (1841 census) to 397 (1961 census) to
456 in 2001.