Genealogical records for the Parish of Flushing, including births, marriages and
census records (all burial records fall within the Parish of Mylor).
The Parish of Flushing was created on 23rd June 1844 from part of the Parish of Mylor.
The village of Flushing itself dates back to the 17th century and was originally
named Nankersey. It was given its current name by engineers from the Dutch port of
Flushing who constructed the three main quays in the village.
The village became a high class residential district occupied by Captains of the
Falmouth Packet Service and Naval Officers, many of whose houses still survive.