The study website includes extensive information about families who lived at Kingston
and surrounding hamlets in the past, as well as present day information about the
village. Kingston is unusual in having two churches with one, dubbed ‘Cathedral of
the Purbecks’, for many years being the private chapel of the Eldon Family.
Bob Dorey, who lived in Kingston for over a hundred years, recorded his memoirs of
the village and its people in two books.
Until 1877, Kingston was a chapelry of Corfe Castle which has its own one-place study*.