Extracts from Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72):
LANNARTH, or LANNER, a village and a chapelry in Gwennap parish, Cornwall. The village
stands 1¾ mile SE of Redruth r. station; and has a post-office, of the name of Lanner,
under Redruth.—The chapelry was constituted in 1844. Rated property, £7,874. Pop.,
2,615. Houses, 569. The property is much subdivided. The living is a p. curacy in
the diocese of Exeter. Value, £183. Patron, the Rev. John Tucker. The church was
reported in 1859 as not good.