Study started circa
Overview of Study
Facebook page or group
Population in 1881
Contact name (if different)
Online / social media presence
© oneplacestudy.org 2013-
The following study has been registered and is also on the Worldwide One-
Online Parish Clerk scheme
Researching the history and families of Lawhitton.
Extract from Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-
LAWHITTON, a village and a parish in Launceston district, Cornwall. The village stands near the river Tamar at the boundary with Devon, 2½ miles SE of Launceston r. station; was once a market town; and has a post office under Launceston. The parish is partly within Launceston borough. Acres, 2,629. Real property, £3,182. Pop., 435. Houses, 95. Pop. of the part in Launceston m. borough, 61; of the part in L. p. borough, 374. A palace of the bishops of Exeter was here, but has disappeared. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £437. Patron, the Bishop of Exeter. The church is ancient, and has a tower. There is a national school.
8 Feb 2014
© Tony Atkin and licensed for reuse under a Creative Commons Licence