Study started circa
Overview of Study
Facebook page or group
Population in 1881
Contact name (if different)
Online / social media presence
© oneplacestudy.org 2013-
The following study has been registered and is also on the Worldwide One-
Online Parish Clerk scheme
Trebullet, Trekenner, Rezare,Trewarlet
Researching the history and families of Lezant.
Extract from Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-
LEZANT, a parish in Launceston district, Cornwall; between the rivers Inny and Tamar, 4 miles S of Launceston r. station. It contains the villages of Trebollet, Trekenna, and Rezare, and the hamlet of Trewarlet; and its Post town is Launceston. Acres, 4,560. Real property, £5,036. Pop., 815. Houses, 176. The property is divided among a few. Landew, formerly the seat of the Herles, is a chief residence. Trecarrell, now an ivied ruin, was a mansion partly built by Sir John Trecarrell, but never finished. A lead mine is near Landew. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £406. Patron, the Bishop of Exeter. The church is ancient, has a pinnacled tower, and contains monuments of the Herles, the Trecarells, and the Trefusises. There were formerly chapels at Landew and Trecarrell. There are now chapels for Baptists, Wesleyans, and Free Methodists; also national and infant schools.
8 Feb 2014
© Tony Atkin and licensed for reuse under a Creative Commons Licence