Extracts from Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72):
MOUNT-HAWKE, a chapelry in the parishes of St. Agnes and Illogan, Cornwall; near
the coast, 2½ miles N by W of Scorrier-Gate r. station, and 4¼ NNE of Redruth. It
was constituted in 1846; and it has a postoffice under Scorrier. Pop. in 1861,2,226.
Houses, 465. Pop. of the St. Agnes portion, 2,024. Houses, 424. The living is a p.
curacy in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £130. Patron, alternately the Crown and the