Extract from Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72):
TAMERTON (North), a parish in the district of Holsworthy and county of Cornwall;
on the river Tamar, 8 miles N by W of Launceston r. station. It has a post-office
under Holsworthy, North Devon. Acres, 5,261. Real property, £2,865. Pop., 486. Houses,
87. The property is divided among a few. The living is a donative in the diocese
of Exeter. Value, £230. Patron, alternately Mrs. Smith and the Rev. R. G. Kingdon.
The church was reported in 1859 as not good.