More About The
Study started circa
Overview of Study
Facebook page or group
Population in 1881
Contact name (if different)
Online / social media presence
© Register of One-
Parham is a village and parish just over two miles from Framlingham on the River Ore. Old Parham Hall was the seat of the first Earl of Ufford and passed to the Willoughbys and the Corrances.
The parish church, dedicated to St. Mary, dates from the late 14th century and contains a 15th century Rood screen. The church, constructed of flint, and described as ‘tolerable’ in the early 1870’s, was restored in 1886.
Parham was served by a branch line of the East Suffolk Railway and its successor, the Great Eastern Railway, before closing as part of the Beeching cuts.
The Parham Airfield Museum nearby comprises the 390th Bombardment Group (U.S. 8th Air Force) Memorial Air Museum and the Museum of the British Resistance Organisation.
Study contact Simon Last’s grandparents and great-
22 Apr 2014
Registered with the Register of One-