Sancreed is a parish in the hundred of Penwith, about 4 miles from Penzance. It had
both a Wesleyan chapel as well as the Church of England's St. Sancredus - pictured
Principal villages are the Churchtown, Drift, Sellen, Brahan, and Newbridge.
In 1801, the population was 782; it rose to 1,382 in 1851, and currently there are
about 600 persons living in the parish. Wholly situated on granite, with a light
loam covering, it is mainly a farming area today.