Transcription of Parish Registers and other related material.
Although it has never been a large parish, nowadays, long after the closure of the
mines, St Allen comprises only a few houses. In its hey-day, around 1871, the parish
comprised 774 inhabitants and provided the home for miners working at East Wheal
Rose, just across the border in the neighbouring parish of St Newlyn East.