© Register of One-Place Studies 2013-2016

County (historic)

Primary Place

Study started circa

Sub-places (e.g. hamlets) within study

Old photos of buildings/places

Old postcard views

Overview of Study

Old photos of past residents

Primary resources

Secondary resources

Electoral rolls/poll books

Website

Blog

Facebook page or group

Twitter

Additional source material to hand

Study owner

Population in 1881

Monumental inscriptions

Trade directories

Probate office summaries

Family histories

Obituary notices

Newspaper extracts

Will transcriptions

Tithe apportionment

Contact name (if different)

Contact email

Baptism registers date from

Burial registers date from

Marriages registers date from

Baptism transcriptions

Marriage transcriptions

Burial transcriptions

Parish Registers:





Census transcriptions:

1841

1851

1871

1861

1881

1891

1911

1901

Local history/timeline

Militia lists

Online / social media presence

Additional comments from study owner/contact

Current status

Look-up service for offline records?

Study registered

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share via e-mail

Cornwall

Home / Counties List

Alpha Index

Add Your Study

Other Countries


The following study has been registered and is also on the Worldwide One-Place Study Register:


Cornwall

Online Parish Clerk scheme

Cornwall OPC

Loading...

Burlawn, Burlawn Tregoose, Dunveth, Hay, Penhale, Tredrusson, Trelill, Trevanson, Wadebridge, Whiterock


Click here to visit website

St. Breock

The parish of St Breock is located in the Hundred of Pydar, and was named for St. Breock, a native of Ireland who was a bishop in Armorica, which is now Brittany. He emigrated to Cornwall, and settled in this parish. In the Domesday Book, the manor was shown as Polton, Penpow, or Pawton, which belonged to the Bishop of Exeter. Dwelling places in the parish include Trevorder, Trenowith, and Tredinick. Other manors include Padstow-Penkevill, Hurston, Penlees, and Dunveth.

Villages are Burlorne-Eglos, Hay, Penhale, Tredrusson, Trelill, and Trevanson. Of course, there is also Wadebridge, called in an 1839 publication "a town of some little consideration"; it has constantly grown since that date, and its borders have spread.

At Penquoan, slate has been quarried for centuries.

Michael Lightfoot

1,780


Online


To do

Online


Online


Online


Online


Online


Online


To do



To do

Online


Online


Online


1650


1650


1650


Offline


Online


To do

To do


Online


To do


To do

To do

Offline


Offline

Offline


Offline


-   


-


-


michael.lightfoot@pcug.org.au

-

1998

Active



Priorities for 2014: To continue to consolidate parish register entries

-


24 Dec 2013

Yes


St. Breock One-Place Study