County (historic)

Primary Place

Study started circa

Sub-places (e.g. hamlets) within study

Overview of Study

Website

Blog

Facebook page or group

Twitter

Study owner

Population in 1881

Contact name (if different)

Contact email

Online / social media presence

Current status

© oneplacestudy.org 2013-2016

Study registered

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share via e-mail

Cornwall

Home / Counties List

Alpha Index

Add Your Study

Other Countries


The following study has been registered and is also on the Worldwide One-Place Study Register:


Online Parish Clerk scheme

Cornwall OPC

Cornwall

-

Click here to visit website


St. Clement

Extract from Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72):

CLEMENT (St.), a parish and a sub-district in Truro district, Cornwall. The parish lies on the Tresilian creek, or head of the Fal estuary, adjacent to the Cornwall railway, 2 miles SE of Truro; and contains a work-house. Post town, Truro. Acres, 3,494. Real property, £12,680. Pop., 3,731. Houses, 731. The property is much subdivided. Conor manor belongs to the duchy of Cornwall; and Polwhele belonged to the county historian Polwhele. The living is a vicarage, united with the p. curacy of St. Paul's, under the rectory of Truro-St. Mary, in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £390. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church includes a transept of the 13th century; and is good. A very ancient inscribed cross is at the village. Charities, £12.


Gill Hart

3,481

-


CornwallOPCs


@CornwallOPCs


-

2006

Active

Click here to contact

08 Apr 2014

Loading...

© Fred James and licensed for reuse under a Creative Commons Licence

St. Clement One-Place Study