Extract from Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72):
CLETHER (St.), a parish in Camelford district, Cornwall; on the river Inny, 7 miles
E by N of Camelford, and 7½ W of Launceston r. station. Post town, Altarnun, under
Launceston. Acres, 2,960. Real property, £2,414. Pop., 229. Houses, 42.
The property is much subdivided. The rocks include granite and hornblende. The living
is a vicarage in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £165. Patron, not reported. The church
is good. Remains of a small chapel are over a spring, called Basil's well.