County (historic)

Primary Place

Study started circa

Sub-places (e.g. hamlets) within study

Overview of Study

Website

Blog

Facebook page or group

Twitter

Study owner

Population in 1881

Contact name (if different)

Contact email

Online / social media presence

Current status

© oneplacestudy.org 2013-2016

Study registered

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share via e-mail

Cornwall

Home / Counties List

Alpha Index

Add Your Study

Other Countries


The following study has been registered and is also on the Worldwide One-Place Study Register:


Online Parish Clerk scheme

Cornwall OPC

Cornwall

-

Click here to visit website


St. Mellion

Extracts from Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72):

St, Mellion, a village and a parish in St. Germans district, Cornwall. The village stands 2 miles W of the river Tamar at the boundary with Devon, 3 SSE of Callington, and 5¾ NW of Saltash r. station; and has a post office, designated St. Mellion, Cornwall. The parish comprises 2,985 acres. Real property, £1,775. Pop., 299. Houses, 64. The property is divided among a few. Newton House belonged to the Ferrers; passed to the Corytons and the Hallyans; and belongs now to E. Collins, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £232. Patron, A. Coryton, Esq. The church is later English; was restored in 1862, at a cost of more than £1,000; and contains some curious effigies and armours of the Corytons of the 15th century.




Angela Wood

309


-


CornwallOPCs


@CornwallOPCs


-

2005

Active

Click here to contact study owner

02 Mar 2014

Loading...

© Tony Atkin and licensed for reuse under a Creative Commons Licence

St. Mellion One-Place Study