Study started circa
Overview of Study
Facebook page or group
Population in 1881
Contact name (if different)
Online / social media presence
© oneplacestudy.org 2013-
The following study has been registered and is also on the Worldwide One-
Online Parish Clerk scheme
Polgooth, Sticker, Trelowth, Trewoon
Historical information and pictures of places within this parish will be added to website which link is listed on OPC website.
St. Mewan is located in the Hundred of Powder, bounded by St. Stephen in Brannel to the West, St. Austell in the East, and on the south, St. Ewe. The C. of E. church is dedicated to St. Mewanus, and is supposedly over 600 years old.
One of the main features of the parish is Polgooth Mine, which was once the largest
in the County; in one ten-
The principal villages are Sticker, Polgooth, and Trewoon. Each had a Wesleyan Methodist chapel, while there was a United Methodist Free Church at Treloweth.
Rita Bone Kopp
17 Nov 2013
St. Mewan One-