Extracts from Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1877):
TIDEFORD, a chapelry in St. Germans parish, Cornwall; 1 mile NNE of St. Germans r.
station. It was constituted in 1852; and it has a post-office under St. Germans,
Cornwall, and a fair on 18 Jan. Pop., 913. Houses, 198. The living is a p. curacy
in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £102. Patron, the Incumbent of St. Germans. The
church is good.