Extract from Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72):
TOLLARD-ROYAL, a parish, partly in Tisbury district, Wilts, and partly in Wimborne
district, Dorset; 7 miles S of Tisbury r. station. It has a post-office under Salisbury.
Acres of the W. part, 1,190; of the D. part, which is Farnham-Tollard, 897. Pop.,
377 and 217. Houses, 79 and 52. Rated property of the whole, £2,192. The property
is subdivided. A hunting seat of King John was here. The living is a rectory in the
diocese of Salisbury. Value, £570. Patron, the Rev. J. H. Austen. The church is good.